Mar 17, 1887
Met in Pastor’s room at 8 pm.
Present: Messrs. Burns, Morley, Harding, Fisher, Winslow and Rev. Mr. Chaney.
Mr. Fisher moved that the regular meetings of the Trustees be held on the first Friday of each alternate month beginning with January of each year. Passed.
Mr. Harding reported from the Committee on Church Property that repairs had been made on the gate, the front door, the windows and the gon-pipe (Archivist: Unsure of this last item. Transcribed as it appeared in written record).
Mr. Chaney reported for the Treasure (who was absent) that there was fifty dollars in the treasury and that the church would be owing three and fifty dollars (interest mainly to the American Unitarian Association) on April 1st. And the income from rent collection confirm(s) that data would not be sufficient to meet their indebtedness.
Mr. Chaney offered to give a course of lectures on American Authors and Poets, the proceeds of which lectures should go into the church treasury.
This offer was accepted and Messrs. Harding, Fisher and Winslow were appointed a committee to cooperate with Mr. Chaney in carrying out this plan.
It was also stated that the ladies of the church were arranging for a Parlor Sale the proceeds of which would be given to the church for current expenses.
The meeting then adjourned.
G.L. Chaney, Sec pro Tem.
Physical Archive: UUCA Box: 26 Folder: 02 Book: 02 Pages 30 – 31
Citation: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta Records, RG 026, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University, Atlanta GA
Archivist Note: In the Atlanta papers large ads appeared on of a Parlor Sale by the Ladies of the Church of Our Father. A notice appeared on Apr 1 announcing lectures by Rev. Chaney. The first lecture was on “Longfellow and his Cambridge Friends” was delivered on Aug 12, 1887. A second lecture was scheduled to be delivered on April 7th on “Hawthorne and Old Salem.”