Atlanta, Ga. July 18, 1905
Regular meeting of the Board of Trustees held this evening at the residence of Mr. J.C. Peck.
Present: Messrs. Watts, Moore, St. Amand, Jackson, Walker and Harding.
Minutes of the last meeting were read and approved.
Treasurer submitted his report which was read and approved as follows:
|From June 20 to July 18, 1905||$154.65|
|Amt. in hands of Treasurer, June 20th, 1905||$4.89|
|Receipts from June 20 to July 18, 1905||$132.18|
|Amount due Treasurer||$17.58|
Clerk reported church attendance as follows:
Jun 25th – 49
Jul 2nd – 33
Jul 9th – 48
Jul 16th – 56
Total – 186
Average – 46 ½
Upon motion of Trustee Moore the Treasurer was authorized to cooperate with Mrs. Lederle chairman of music committee, and arrange for vocal and instrumental music pending vacancy in pastorate. Carried.
The clerk reported as follows:
Lay services have been held since Mr. Langston resigned and will be continued regularly during the summer, the plan of the committee or pulpit supply being to arrange so that a different member conduct the services each Sunday.
The first lay service was held July 2nd conducted by Mr. John L. Moore who read a sermon from Rev. Mr. Thayer of Cincinnati, Prof. Mueller rendering violin solos.
The service July 9th was conducted by Mr. W.M. Francis instead of reading a sermon, Mrs. Hamilton Douglas made an interesting talk on the book of Job, Mrs. Alexander Stirling assisting in the service by singing two beautiful solos. Prof. Mueller also assisted with the violin.
The service July 16th was conducted by Dr. W.A. Jackson, Jr., who made on interesting talk on certain passages of the bible which he read for the day’s lesson. Vocal solos were sung by Mrs. S.D. Smith and violin solos rendered by Prof. Mueller.
The Board were indebted to Mrs. Cora P. Williams and her niece Miss Davis for a pleasant evening.
There being no further business, meeting adjourned.
J.E. Harding, Clerk
Physical Archive: UUCA Box: 26 Folder: 02 Book: 02 Book: 02 Pages: 204 – 205
Citation: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta Records, RG 026, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University, Atlanta GA