Atlanta, Ga., August 14, 1906
Pursuant to a call, a special meeting of the church was held this evening in the auditorium of the church.
Present: Mr & Mrs. Henry Smith, Mrs. Behre and Misses Behre, Dr. W.A. Jackson, John L. Moore, Geo. H. Crafts, Frank Lederle, F. Schwon, Mr. Hartshorne, J.G. St. Amand, Julius R. Watts, J.C. Perkins, Mr. & Mrs. A.F. Walker, Mr. & Mrs. D.E. Spencer, Mr. & Mrs W.H. Govan, Mrs. Alice Daniels, Mrs. Colvin, Mrs. J.R. Beardsley, Miss Hattie Martin and J.E. Harding – 25 in all.
The meeting was called to order at 8:16 by Vice Chairman John L. Moore of the Beard of Trustees.
Mr. Moore presented the resignation of Moore Sanborn as pastor of the Church to take effect September 1, 1906 and in presenting the resignation of Mr. Sanborn, further stated that he had a letter from Mr. Sanborn in which he indicated that it was his intention to return to business.
Upon motion of Dr. W.A. Jackson, Mr. Sanborn’s resignation was unanimously accepted, and the Clerk of the church we instructed to so notify him.
On motion of Mr. Geo. H. Crafts the former committee on pulpit supply was reappointed as follows:
- J.G. St. Amand – Chairman
- John L. Moore
- Hamilton Douglas
- Mesdames C.H. Behre and Frank Lederle
At the suggestion of J.G.St. Amand the committee on pulpit supply was authorized if necessary in securing a pastor to arrange for one and fix the salary on a basis of $1,600.00 per year.
There being no further, business meeting adjourned.
J.E. Harding, Clerk
Physical Archive: UUCA Box: 25 Folder: 05 Book: 01 Pages: 297
Citation: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta Records, RG 026, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University, Atlanta GA