Atlanta, Ga. April 10, 1905
A meeting of the church was held on above date pursuant to motion made and carried at the meeting of the Board held on April 2, 1905.
There were about 25 to 30 of our church members present.
The Secretary, Mr. Bond stated that the main object of the meeting was for the purpose of electing officers for the coming year and deciding upon a pastor.
There was some smaller matters of business which were attended to first. Brother Harris having made application of letters of discussion (Archivist: correctly transcribed) from this church for himself and Mrs. Harris on motion this same were granted.
The Fraternal Order of Eagles having made application for the use of the church on the 1st Sunday afternoon in May for the purpose of holding their annual memorial service, on motion same was carried.
On motion the Secretary was ordered to send out an Easter letter asking the members of the church to please bring a penny for each day during Lent as an Easter offering and lay same on plate Easter Sunday, this having been suggested by the Universalist Mission Circle.
The next thing in order was the election of officers for the ensuing year. On motion, the chair was instructed to appoint a nomination committee of five to nominate the officers and trustees to be elected.
The president appointed the following committee: Rev. F.M. Wey, Mrs. Cottingham, Mrs. Marsh, Mrs. Holdt and Mr. Bond.
The committee reported the following names as officers: For president, H.E. Holdt; for Vice President, Mr. Alex Beck; Secretary, Mrs. F.W. Wey; Treasurer, B.E. West; Trustees F.M. Marsh, C.T. Garrett, J.C. Bond and H. Hitchcock. Mr. Hitchcock declined to serve on the Board and on motion, Bro. S.C. Morly was nominated in his place. The chair asked for any further nominations. There were none. On motion the Secretary was instructed to cast the ballot for the above and he did so and they were duly declared elected.
The next thing in order was the choice of a pastor. Bro. Marsh moved the adoption of the resolution which was suggested by the Board at its meeting on April 2, 1905 which was to the effect that we extend a pastoral call to the Rev. Paul Tyner for the ensuing year.
On motion the chair appointed the following finance committee to canvas for funds for the support of the church: Mrs. F.W. Wey, Mrs. H.A. Smith and Miss Cawthon.
The meeting then adjourned to the parlor of the church where the ladies had prepared some excellent light refreshments.
Physical Archive: UUCA Box: 60 Folder: 01 Pages: 104 – 105
Citation: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta Records, RG 026, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University, Atlanta GA