Atlanta, Ga. October 13, 1902
The third quarterly meeting of the church was called to order at 8 P.M. by the chairman, Mr. Jno. L. Moore. The clerk being absent no minute of the last meeting was read and Mr. C.A. Langston was appointed clerk pro tem.
Present: Messrs. Moore, St. Amand, Young, Douglas, Langston; Mesdames Longley, Johnson, Foster, Daniels, Lederle and Miss Lederle.
The treasurer made the following report which was accepted and ordered filed. Total collections since June 17, 1902, $441.11; amount on hand at the beginning of the quarter $15.56. Total disbursements since the above date $382.35. Balance in hands of treasurer $58.76.
Mr. Langston reported on the state of the library and Mr. Hamilton Douglas was added to the original committee to act in conjunction with the
committee from the Branch Alliance. This committee was instructed to retain one complete file of the Southern Unitarian and to offer to the
members of the church and friends the rest. The committee was also authorized to dispose of duplicate books and other books not duplicates
which in the judgement of the committee do not properly belong to a church library.
On recommendation of the board of trustees, the following amendment to the constitution was adopted:
Article: IX. Section 2
“Nine members of the resident members shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.”
The following members were appointed delegates from this church to the Southern Conference of Unitarian Churches appointed to meet in New Orleans, Mesdames Longley, Russell and Foster and Mr. Charles H. Behre and Rev. Langston.
There being no further business the meeting adjourned.
C.A. Langston, Clerk pro tem
Physical Archive: UUCA Box: 25 Folder: 04 Book: 01 Pages: 227
Citation: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta Records, RG 026, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University, Atlanta GA