Northwest’s Vision of Ethical Action Statement guides the Justice Ministry’s work:
Our congregation will continue to practice respect for the earth and the interdependent web of all existence.
We will stand on the side of love to build justice in the world by joining with allies against racism and oppression.
Northwest will not only provide support and resources for other organizations, but will be actively engaged in developing and implementing its own social justice actions.
- We covenant with each other to develop deeper fellowship even as we challenge each other to live our values and to grow spiritually, intellectually, and personally.
Our justice efforts call us to break down divisions, heal isolation, and honor the interdependent web of all life. We strive to model these commitments by creating a just, welcoming, and inclusive congregation. We act in partnership with groups and communities most affected by injustice through our monthly Donate the Plate contributions and programming, as well as other on-going and planned projects.
Northwest is an accredited Green Sanctuary, officially recognized by the Unitarian Universalist Association in 2012. We strive to continually improve our energy efficiency and maintain the beauty of our natural five acre wooded lot in order to maintain our Green Sanctuary Certification. We also take seriously our responsibility to preserve and protect the heath, vitality, beauty and diversity of our larger home, planet Earth.
Donate the Plate
- $470, Community Assistance Center (Dec. 2019)
- $574.25, The Mountain (Nov. 2019)
- $675, UUSC Bahamas (Oct. 2019)
- $734.75, New Sanctuary Movement (Aug. and Sept 2019)
- Work with our community partners, including the Community Assistance Center, the West Atlanta Watershed Alliance, and Pride Atlanta
- Participate in our local chapter of Dining for Women
- Suggest recipients for Donate the Plate
- Support Protect Georgia, an email system that enables individuals to advocate for environmental justice in Georgia communities
- Contribute to the next wave of installation of solar panels on our sanctuary roof