Nov 9th 1900 8:30pm
A Special Meeting of the Church of Our Father was held in the new church building on this day; this being the first time that the new building was occupied. The reading of minutes of previous meeting was dispensed with.
Mr. St. Anand – Chairman of the Building Committee reported that the new church building was now completed and ready for occupancy and that funds were on hand to pay all bills outstanding. Mr. St. Amand moved, seconded by Mr. Chillingworth, that the keys of the property be turned over to Mr. Eliot, as the representative of the A.U.A., at the dedication service, on next Sunday morning. Adopted.
Mr. Owen and Mr. Chillingworth were elected as the delegates from this church to the Southern Conference. A letter was then read from Mr. Chillingworth, resigning as a member of the Board of Trustees, on account of his departure from the city. Mr. C. requested that he be allowed to continue his membership and contributions in the future. After many expressions of regret, Mr. John L Moore was elected to fill the vacancy in the Board of Trustees.
The meeting then adjourned.
Source: Physical Archive: UUCA Box: 25 Folder: 04 Book: 01 Pages: 212
Citation: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta Records, RG 026, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University, Atlanta GA