Church of our Father – Meeting Minutes Mar 25, 1884 (List of Library Books to be Made)

Atlanta, Ga. March 25, 1884
Mr. J.R Hodge Office 7:30 pm
Meeting of Board of Trustees

Present: Mr. Burris, Chairman and Messrs. Snowden, Lederle, Hodge and Klingelsmith.

Reading of the minutes of last meeting dispensed with.

It was moved and adopted that the Chairman be requested to place an increase of insurance of $1,500 on the Chapel and $1,000 on Books, Furniture and Fixtures.

It was moved and adopted that the Librarian be requested to make a complete list of Books in the Church Library and furnish said list to the Treasurer to be kept as a record for proof in case of loss.

Moved and adopted that Mr. Chaney be request to ascertain the disposition to be made of the Salem (Mass) Church to the American Unitarian Assn. for us. (Archivist Note: Salem, Massachusetts is the Rev. Chaney’s home church).

Moved and adopted that Mr. Norrman be authorized to make (a) contract for the fencing in front of the Church and also to make such changes in the Gallery window as to provide free and full ventilation for it.

Moved and adopted that Mr. Norrman be requested to ascertain the best method of securing (the) closet and water conveniences in the Church.

Moved and adopted that the Committee on Operation of the Church be requested to provide suitable matting for the Church gallery.

Moved and adopted that all future meetings of the Board of Trustees be called by the Secretary at the request of the Pastor or any member of the Board.



J.M. Klingelsmith, Secretary

Physical Archive: UUCA   Box: 26   Folder: 02 Book: 02 Pages: 4 – 5
Citation: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta Records, RG 026, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University, Atlanta GA


Posted in Church of our Father, Meeting Minutes, Physical Collection, Unitarian Records - Book 2

Archives by Month/Year