Pastoral Care – Care Corps Team
Unlike therapy which is diagnostic and can be behavior focused, pastoral care involves accompanying another person on their sacred journey of meaning making. Lending presence and listening without fixing, advising or saving can be a tremendous gift to someone going through a difficult time emotionally, physically or spiritually.
What is Northwest Care Corps?
Led by Rev. Terry Davis, the Northwest Care Corps team includes members who feel called to provide a ministry of caring and have received some training in pastoral care skills. Care Corps volunteers provide a ministry of presence and listening. Its mission is to care for Northwest members who need calls, visits and support.
On a limited basis, Care Corps can also arrange for meals and transportation to Northwest members in need.
Rev. Davis is also available for short-term pastoral counseling and will make appropriate referrals to those Northwest members who may wish to seek longer-term care.
How to Contact Care Corps
If you are in need of pastoral care or wish to make an appointment, contact Rev. Terry Davis at email@example.com or 770-955-1408.
Additional Support Resources
There are times when a member’s needs are best met with outside help. Here are a few resources available in the community:
- Helpline (770) 552-4015
- CAC offers short-term, emergency assistance to individuals and families experiencing unexpected financial crisis, such as emergency financial assistance, food and clothing. The center offers adult education to improve job and life skills as well as youth programs.
- 24-hour toll-free crisis line at 1.800.33.Haven (42836) or 404.873.1766 V/TTY (Fulton Crisis Line)
- Atlanta Men’s Services: (404) 367-2493 – Women and Children’s Services: (404) 367-2465
- A service of the United Way of Greater Atlanta, 2-1-1 connects people to the assistance they need to address every day challenges of living as well as those that develop during times of community emergencies.
For Northwest members and friends with physical mobility concerns seeking transportation assistance, the following public and private services are available:
Cobb County Transit
Complementary curb to curb paratransit service is provided to individuals who cannot use the regular CCT bus. Passengers must be certified to use paratransit service.
Paratransit Manager: 770-428-1218
North Fulton County
The TOPS program is designed to provide medical transportation for seniors age 60+ in the Senior Services North Fulton area: Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Milton, Mountain Park, Roswell, and Sandy Springs.
TOPS Program Manager: 770-993-1906, ext. 234
For seniors and adults with disabilities who are unable to drive need the ability to pick up prescriptions, grocery shop, visit the bank, or simply get a haircut.
GATE Mobility Manager: 770-993-1906, ext. 242
Clayton, DeKalb and Fulton Counties
MARTA provides ADA Complementary Paratransit Service to eligible persons with disabilities who are unable to board, ride or disembark from an accessible vehicle in MARTA’s regular bus or rail services. Service is provided with special lift-equipped vans on a curb-to-curb, shared ride basis.
Certified individuals having a MARTA ADA Photo Identification Card may call the MARTA Mobility Reservation Office Monday through Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Georgia Medicaid Non-Emergency Transportation
Non-Emergency Medical Transportation is provided to Georgia Medicaid Members who require Medicaid healthcare services and have no other means of transportation.
Southeastrans arranges transportation for all Georgia Medicaid Members who live in the North and Atlanta Regions. This is a shared-ride service.
- Atlanta Region – 404-209-4000
- North Region – 678-510-4555 (Inside Atlanta Calling Area); 1-866-388-9844 (Outside Atlanta)
- Central Region – 1-888-224-7981