Atlanta, Ga., Jan 17, 1905
Regular meeting of Board of Trustees held this evening at the residence of Mr. J.C. Peck.
Present: Messrs. Watts, Peck, Moore, Jackson, St. Amand, Walker.
The Clerk reported the election of the following Trustees at the annual meeting of the church held Jan 9, 1905.
- Three years: Dr. Wm. A. Jackson, Mr. Chas. H. Behre, Mr. A.F. Walker
- Two years: J.C. Peck, Geo. H. Crafts, J.S. Russell
- One year: John L. Moore, Julius R. Watts, Mrs. Alice Daniels
Treasurer: J.G. St. Amand
Clerk: J.E. Harding
On motion Julius R. Watts was elected Chairman of the Board of Trustees for the year 1905.
On motion J.C. Peck was elected Vice Chairman of the Board of Trustees for the year 1905.
Minutes of the last meeting read and approved.
The Chairman announced the following committees for 1905:
- Finance: J.G. St. Amand, Chairman, Geo. H. Crafts, John L. Moore, Hamilton Douglas, Mrs. Alice Daniels, Julius R. Watts and C.H. Behre
- Care of Property: J.C. Peck, Chairman, A.F. Walker and Frank Lederle
- Music: Mrs. A.M. Lederle, Mrs. Cora P. Williams, Mrs. C.H. Behre
- Church Operations: Rev. C.A. Langston
On motion Mr. Moore was authorized to have covenant painted on wall on side of pulpit at an expense of $5.00 – Carried
Mr. John L. Moore moved that Mr. Behre be authorized to arrange with Mr. Mueller to pay Sundays for three months, the money to be raised by popular subscription – Carried.
On motion the organ committee was granted the use of the church to hold entertainments for the purpose of raising funds to purchase a new organ – Carried.
The Clerk reported attendance for the preceeding weeks as follows:
Dec 25 – 46
Jan 1 – 53
Jan 8 – 45
Jan 15 – 38
Total 182, average 45 1/2
There being no further business, meeting adjourned.
J.E. Harding, Clerk
Physical Archive: UUCA Box: 26 Folder: 02 Book: 02 Pages: 198 – 199
Citation: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta Records, RG 026, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University, Atlanta GA