Regular Meeting of Board of Trustees.
November 2, 1926.
The regular monthly meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Liberal Christian Church was held at the Kimball House restaurant at 6 p.m., Tuesday, November 2, 1926, and Messrs. Harding, Blake, Rogers, and Scott and Mrs. Stanford were in attendance, the absentees being Mr. Knox and Mrs. Perry. The Rev. Clinton Lee Scott, our new pastor, also was present.
After all had enjoyed a social period together while eating supper, President Harding called the meeting to order, and the clerk read the minutes of the regular meeting of October 5th, which were approved as read. The Treasure, Mr. Rogers, according to his usual custom, handed to those present a financial statement up to and including November 1, 1926, showing a balance on hand of $253.12. (The statement follows this report.) (Archivist Note: No report was found in the physical archive)
The matter of the loan of $3,750 on the parish house expiring in January, 1927, was brought up and the matter of refinancing the loan was left for later action.
Mr. Blake was called upon to report on the taxes for the current year, and he reported that he was to see the proper authorities shortly.
Mr. Rogers brought up the matter of the increased cost of the music, especially the increase in salary of the organist, Mr. Hubbard. He reported that the Finance committee had authorized his paying a larger amount to Mr. Hubbard. After some discussion, it was brought out that it was the intention of the Board to increase the amount paid Mr. Hubbard. The Rev. Mr. Scott stated that he hoped to develop a chorus choir from among the young people.
Action was taken authorizing Mr. Rogers as chairman of the “house committee” to spend on the repairs necessary on the parish house the amount of $200.
The program for the morning services for Sunday, November 14, was next brought up. It had been originally intended to have Young Peoples’ Sunday on that date, but as Dr. Patterson and Rev. Mr. Etz could be here on the 14th to attend the installation of the Rev. Mr. Scott, it was voted that installation services be held at 11 a.m. on the 14th. It was also voted to have special music for that occasion, and a committee of which Mr. Scott was appointed chairman was to arrange for the program of the installation services. Young Peoples’ Sunday was to postponed to a date satisfactory to the Y.P.C.U.
Rev. Mr. Scott was called on for remarks, and he said that he was much interested in getting a parish paper started. He wondered if the old printing press could be used and, if not, what the cost of having the printing done outside would be. At any rate, he wanted to get out a weekly message to the members and friends. Another matter that he thought ought to be done was to fix up the stage for the use of the young people. It was voted that his suggestions as to the stage be carried out.
The meeting was then adjourned.
Physical Archive: UUCA Box: 26 Folder: 03
Citation: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta Records, RG 026, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University, Atlanta GA