Atlanta, Ga. Monday, Feb. 11, 1907
Regular monthly meeting of the board of trustees at the home of the pastor. 40 E. Harris St., Present – Brothers:
- Bradford, President
- West, Treasurer
- Blake, Acting Secretary
Bro. Coleman moving to Macon, Ga. to fill position R.R. Bro. Blake on motion was called to the charge of the Secretary for the evening.
The minutes of the meeting of Jan. 29 read and approved.
Report of Special Committees. Progress
Report of Unfinished Business. None
Mr. Ellenwood wishing a series of meetings and a revival in fact to be held at the church Feb. 25 to March 11. On motion he was instructed to secure Mr. Lyman B. Weeks of Utica, N.Y. doing missionary work in the South under Dr. Shinn. Bro. Weeks is Superintendent of Churches, N.Y. State; formerly promient worker and minister in the Methodist Church.
Bro. West brought up matter of music, or the absence of any, at church services last Sunday. Reported that Miss Martha Smith our choir leader being away and not furnishing proper substitute calls for action of the board. Bro. Blake instructed to inform Miss Smith that her services can not be spared. Carried.
Motion that Bro. West must renew note $100.00 held by Mrs. Hitchcock due March 7th. Same rate of interest 3%. Carried
Motion by Bro. West that warrants as follows be drawn:
- To favor Bro. A.E. Holdt for paint used in painting the church June 1906 – $12.00
- Favor Miss Martha Smith Salary Jan 1907 for music – $15.00
- Pastor salary Rev. E.D. Ellenwood for month January 1907 – $62.50
- Favor C.W. Russell for repairs on tower this is net amount of his bill – $26.00
- Favor Estey Organ Company for organ pledge month Jan. 1907 – $10.00
- Favor Mrs. H. Hitchcock interest on notes held by her account $100.00 due March 7, 1907 – $3.00
- Sundries paid by Bro. West, Treasurer – $17.75
- Janitor salary for January 1907 – $4.00
- Ward Printing Co. for envelopes – $4.50
- Telegram publishing Co. Warrant book – $1.00
- Georgia Ry & Electric Light Co. January – $7.45 (Archivist: Ry = Railway)
- Gas Bill for month January – $.20
- Water bill for month January – $.60
Treasurer report of cash on hand:
Amount carried from last meeting: $36.17
Amount collected by him: $120.66
Paid Miss Smith: $15.00
Paid A.E. Holdt: $12.00
Paid Sundries: $17.75
Total Disbursements: $44.75
Amount on hand: $112.08
Wife of pastor invited the members of board to partake of supper. Five present. All had good appetite and appreciated fully the splendid & bountiful meal furnished and rendered her many, many thanks.
Meeting adjourned 11:00pm
Harry C. Blake, Acting Secretary
Physical Archive: UUCA Box: 60 Folder: 01 Pages: 139 – 140
Citation: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta Records, RG 026, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University, Atlanta GA