Atlanta Ga. March 17, 1884
Reception Room, Ch. of O.F. Meeting of members of Church of Our Father.
Members present: Madams Chaney, Morrill, Snowden, Hodge, Lederle, Center and Miss Cooledge and Center and Messrs. Chaney, Burns, Snowden, Hodge, Lederle and Klingelsmith.
Mr. Burns was call to the chair.
The following By-Law presented by Mr. Hodge after full discussion was adopted previous to which a vote had been taken as to whether the Church desired the matter of admission of new member be left to the decision of the advisory committee or to the church as a body. The vote in favor of leaving it to the Advisory Committee was 11 to 13.
The following is the By-Law
Applications for membership upon the adoption of this By-Law and thereafter at each annual meeting, our advisory committee of two members, on lady and one gentleman, shall be elected, who with the Pastor, an ex-officio third member of this committee, shall receive applications for membership of the church and pass upon the fitness of the applicant. All decisions by the Advisory Committee shall be unanimous.
A vote was then taken by ballot for the members of this advisory committee, which resulted in the election of Mrs. Morrill and Mr. Snowden.
On motion of Mr. Chaney the date of the Dedication of the Church was made April 23, 1884.
A motion was passed appointing a committee of five on Invitation and Hospitality.
The Committee was appointed by the Chair as follows:
Madams Snowden, Hodges, Miss Center and Mr. Lederle and Mr. Klingelsmith.
Physical Archive: UUCA Box: 26 Folder: 02 Book: 01 Pages: 125 – 126
Citation: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta Records, RG 026, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University,