Atlanta, Ga. May 11, 1891
Called meeting of the Board was held this evening at 8 o’clock. Mr. E.C. Gardner presided.
Present: Messrs. Fisher, Kennedy, Harding, Gardner, Dixon and Rev. G.L. Chaney.
J.Y. Dixon was requested to act as clerk.
Mr. Chaney stated the object of the meeting to make arrangements to receive and welcome Mr. Wm. R. Cole to Atlanta.
It was moved and unanimously carried that a public reception be tendered to Mr. Cole at the Church on the evening of Tuesday May 19th. ; or at earliest practicable date should Mr. Cole be unable to reach Atlanta on 19th instance.
The following committee of ladies was appointed to make all necessary arrangements for the reception: Mrs. F.C. Swift, Mrs. Theo. Schumann, Mrs. W.E. Fisher, Mrs. A.V. Gude, Mrs. H.W. Walker, Mrs. J.Y. Dixon.
It was suggested that a musical program should be a feature of the reception and that the members of the standing committee should act jointly with the committee of ladies on reception.
On motion the following committee was appointed to receive Mr. Cole on his arrival and conduct him to boarding house: Dixon, Harding and Winslow.
The Treasurer presented written report for six months from Nov 3, 1890 to May 10, 1891 – showing that subscriptions offered for year ending Nov 1, 1891 amounted to $582 and that there had been collected on subscription account $231.00 for current year and $25.00 for account previous year.
Total receipts $395.66 added to $108.50 balance on had Nov 3, 1890 = $504.16. Expenditures $481.93 – balance on hand May 10, 1891 = $22.23.
A discussion was had as to the making use of dwelling house which is unoccupied and from which on $21.00 was received for current rent during the term and $49 for back rent.
It was suggested that the committee in charge of church property use extra efforts to get the property rented.
No further business being presented, the board adjourned.
Johnny Dixon, Clerk pro tem
Physical Archive: UUCA Box: 26 Folder: 02 Book: 02 Pages: 68- 69
Citation: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta Records, RG 026, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University, Atlanta GA