Church of Our Father – Meeting Minutes of Jun 10, 1884 (General Business)

Atlanta, Ga. Jun 10, 1884
J.R. Hodge’s office 8:00pm.
Meeting of Board of Trustees.

Present: Mr. Hodge, Chairman, Messrs. Snowden, Fisher, Norrman, Lederle and Klingelsmith.

Reading of the minutes dispensed with.

Moved that the first Friday of each month at 7:30 pm be appointed the regular time of monthly meeting until further notice of Board of Trustees. Adopted.

Moved that the school building be offered by Mr. Hodge with power to close at $55.00 or $50.00 to Prof. Means, on year, with refusal, at $60.00 per month. Adopted.

Moved that all Standing Committees be abolished and a committee of one person each be appointed to fill the place of former committees. Adopted.

Moved that the chairman of the former Standing Committees be appointed as such committee. Adopted.

Moved that the city be permitted to lay brick sidewalk in front of church and school premises and Board take no steps in the matter.

Moved that Messrs. Norrman and Snowden be appointed with power to act to arrange for and put in sink and closet conveniences in the temporary library of church. Adopted.

Moved that $50.00 be appropriated for the publication of sermon tracts and the appropriation to be at the disposal of Mr. Chaney. Adopted.

Moved to adjourn. Adjourned.

<signed>

J.M. Klingelsmith, Secretary

Physical Archive: UUCA Box: 25 Folder: 02 Book: 02 Pages: 6 – 7
Citation: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta Records, RG 026, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University, Atlanta GA

 

Posted in Church of our Father, Meeting Minutes, Physical Collection, Unitarian Records - Book 2

Archives by Month/Year