Church of Our Father – Meeting Minutes of Apr 17, 1883 (Building Committee Report)

Tuesday April 17, 1883
Met in room 106, Kimball House
Present – Messrs. Norrman, Burns, Hodge, Lederle, Mrs. and Miss Center, Miss Coolidge, Mr. and Mrs. Chaney.

Mr. Chaney, Moderator.
Mr. Lederle, Secy.

Prayer was offered by Mr. Chaney.

The report of the last meeting being read and accepted, a report of the Business Committee was made.

Mr. Burns reported that they had secured the property selected at the last meeting.  This had been done by the American Unitarian Association furnishing the money required for that purpose and receiving from us 5% interest for this investment.  The income from the rental of the house would be more than enough to pay the interest; meantime, we could put up our Chapel on the rear of the lot without loss of any part of the income as Prof. Mean’s desired to retain the building for the coming year.

Mr. Chaney reported that no suitable hall could found for holding a Sunday service, but we could have the use of Prof. Mean’s school room, if we desired it.

It was felt by all that this would be our best place of meeting til our Chapel was built and it was so voted.

It was also voted, on motion of Miss Coolidge, that our thanks be extended to Col. Buck and Mr. Pledger for their kindness in the permitting us to hold our service so long in the United States Court room, Miss Coolidge, Mr. Burns and Mr. Chaney were appointed a Committee to carry our thanks.

The same Committee was requested to act as a nominating committee and present a list of names for the church officers to be acted upon at the next meeting.

By unanimous consent all the members of the church were appointed a committee to solicit subscriptions in aid of the new Chapel.

The meeting then adjourned for one week.

Frank Lederle

Secy, pro tem

Physical Archive: UUCA   Box: 26   Folder: 02   Book: 01   Pages: 108 – 109
Citation: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta Records, RG 026, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University, Atlanta GA

Tagged with:
Posted in Church of our Father, Meeting Minutes, Physical Collection, Unitarian Records - Book 1

Archives by Month/Year