Church of Our Father – Meeting Minutes May 15, 1885 (Building & Rent to Prof. Means)

Atlanta, Ga. May 15, 1885
Special meeting of the Board of Trustees.
Present: Messrs. Snowden, Hodge, Morely, and Klingelsmith. Mr. Chaney was also present.

Mr. Snowden was chosen Chairman.

Minutes of previous meeting read and approved.

A general discussion relative to Church lights was had and it was concluded to ask Mr. Chaney while in Boston the next week to investigate Church lights.

It was agreed to have an appropriate sign in front of the Church containing “Church of Our Father.”

The question of ventilation for the choir gallery was discussed and the Committee on Care of Property was asked to ascertain the best method and to act upon such knowledge and have work done immediately.

A resolution was adopted authorizing Mr. Hodge to offer Prof. Means the School building another year at $55.00 per month.

Mr. Chaney brought up the question of the subscription book and church subscriptions and after discussion it was resolved that suitable cards be prepared by Miss Hodge and Snowden and to habitual worshippers of the Church asking them to fill out the blanks of same with the amount they desire to contribute to the support of the Church for the year and return them to the Treasurer.

Adjourned

<signed>

J.M. Klingelsmith, Secretary

Physical Archive: UUCA   Box: 26   Folder: 02 Book: 02 Pages: 15 – 16
Citation: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta Records, RG 026, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University, Atlanta GA

Posted in Church of our Father, Meeting Minutes, Physical Collection, Unitarian Records - Book 2

Archives by Month/Year