Church of Our Father – Meeting Minutes Mar 24, 1888 (Paving Bill / Confer to Meet)

Atlanta, Ga. Mar 24, 1888
Meeting of the Board of Trustees at the Church at 8:30 pm.
Present: Messrs. Burns, Gude, Lederle, Klingelsmith and Rev. Mr. Chaney

Mr. Burns presided as Chairman.

It was moved and adopted after a full discussion that a committee be appointed to investigate as to the advisability of paying the bill of $153.37 presented by the City for the street pavement on Forsyth street fronting the church property and that his committee be authorized to consult an attorney if necessary to learn our legal rights.

The committee appointed by the chair consisted of Messrs. Dixon, Norrman, Burris and Klingelsmith. They were instructed to report to the Board at their next meeting to be called when necessary.

Mr. Chaney reported that the Southern Conference of Unitarian Churches would take place in our church April 11th and 12th, and he suggested that a committee be appointed to consult with the assist the Ladies Auxiliary Committee on the entertainment of the members and guests of the Conference. The chair appointed as such committee Messrs. Fisher, Harbison, Gude with power to add to their numbers.

<signed>

J.M. Klingelsmith, Sec

Physical Archive: UUCA   Box: 26   Folder: 02 Book: 02 Page: 42
Citation: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta Records, RG 026, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University, Atlanta GA

 

Posted in Church of our Father, Meeting Minutes, Physical Collection, Unitarian Records - Book 2

Archives by Month/Year