Church of Our Father – Meeting Minutes, Mar 19, 1894 (Conference to be Held in Atlanta)

Atlanta, Ga., March 19, 1894

Regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Church of Our Father.

Present Messrs. Behre, Crafts, Currier, Kennedy, Lederle, Winslow and Rev. Mr. Cole.

Minutes of the last meeting read and approved.

A communication from E.E. Soule, Secretary of the Southern Conference notifying the church of the meeting to be held April 10, 11, & 12 was read and placed on file (Archivist: Letter from not found in the physical archive).

The committee on Church property reported that the lease upon the church House had been transferred to James F. Alexander & J.F. Thomas, rent of $55 per month in advance and lease to continue until August 31st, 1895.  On motion the action of the committee was approved.

A financial statement was made to the Board in regard to broken tile upon the roof of the church with an offer to repair the same for $19.00.  On a vote the matter was referred to the committee on Church Property.

On motion it was vote to request the committee appointed by the Liberal Church League on the meeting of the Southern Conference to act for the church.

The Music Committee of the Board were requested to provide music for the several meetings of the conference.  The question of holding one of the services of the conference in the Y.M.C.A. Hall (see Archivist Note below) was discussed and it was voted that in the opinion of the Board of Trustees this meeting should be held in the church.

No other business appearing the board adjourned.

<signed>

H.M. Francis, Clerk
Physical Archive: UUCA Box: 26 Folder: 02 Book: 02 Pages: 110 – 110
Citation: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta Records, RG 026, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University, Atlanta GA

Archivist Note:  The church’s Saturday Night Club based on a article in the Atlanta papers (Feb 9, 1894) had recently held a mock trial event at the Y.M.C.A.  Per an Atlanta newspaper article of Feb 11, 1894, The church’s Saturday Night Club was formed March 11, 1893 by Messrs. A.W. Anthony, A.W. Turner, J.W. Austin, C. Del Bandio, G.H. Craets, J.Y. Dixon, C.H. Behre, C.D. Robb and the Rev. W.R. Cole.

Newspaper articles are not part of the Pitts Theology Library collect. Contact Archivist for access.

Tagged with:
Posted in Church of our Father, Meeting Minutes, Physical Collection, Unitarian Records - Book 2

Archives by Month/Year