Atlanta, Ga. Jun 9, 1888
Special meeting of the Board of Trustees in the Ladies Parlor of the Church at 8:00 pm.
Present: Messrs. Morley, Gude, Dixon, Lederle, Winslow, Klingelsmith and Rev. Mr. Chaney
Mr. Morley was chosen chairman.
The minutes of the previous meeting were read and approved.
The music committee had no report to make.
The Treasurer, Mr. Dixon, reported a very flattering condition of the finance of the church.
Regarding the special contributions to meet the expense of the street improvement, it was found by a report from those receiving subscriptions for this purpose that sufficient (funds) had been received to pay the entire assessment.
Rev. Mr. Chaney desired to lay before the board his plan for the summer and receive any suggestions the Board have to make on this subject. His plan was to close the church for the summer vacation after the first Sunday in July and reopen September first instead of closing and reopening a month later as heretofore. Mr. Chaney also suggested it as his wish that if any time during the summer vacation prominent Unitarians were in this section and could be secured to preach n our church on Sunday and effort be made to secure them. These plans were approved by the Board.
It was moved and adopted that the Committee on Care of Property be authorized to see Prof. Means and arrange with him regarding the painting of the school building and if found necessary to do so to make a contract for the work at a cost not to exceed $40.
J.M. Klingelsmith, Sec
Physical Archive: UUCA Box: 26 Folder: 02 Book: 02 Pages 47 – 48
Citation: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta Records, RG 026, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University, Atlanta GA