Monday, Jan 10th, 1898
Regular meeting of the Board with every member present and the Pastor.
The minutes of Dec 13th were read and amended by inserting the word “city” so as to read “city taxes.” The minutes were then approved.
Mr. Peck for the Property Committee reported that two of the rooms in the corner building needed papering and that keys were needed for the doors. That the house would have to be receive repairs before it could be rented and that the cost would be about ten dollars.
A motion was carried that the Property Committee be authorized to make necessary repairs at a cost not to exceed $25.00; and that Mr. Frost be authorized to rent the Parsonage to Dr. Browser for two years with the privilege of two more years if no sale.
Notice was received of the resignation of Miss Yates form the Operation of the Church and Mrs. Johnston was appointed to fill the vacancy.
The following bills were presented and ordered paid.
Woodyard Lumber Co.: $32.90
Atlanta Gas Light Co.: $14.85
County tax for 1897: $57.10 (interest on same .25)
It was the sense of the Board that a committee should be appointed to pass upon all books intended for the Library so that more but suitable books should be received.
The Board then adjourned.
E.A. Davidson, Clerk
Physical Archive: UUCA Box: 26 Folder: 02 Book: Pages: 141
Citation: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta Records, RG 026, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University, Atlanta GA