Job Posting for Director of Music
Seeking Music/Choir Director for Northwest Unitarian Universalist Congregation
- Application deadline: 5/19/17.
- 10 hours weekly.
- Starting salary: $9,218 for 44 weeks, with 8 weeks off in the summer.
Northwest Unitarian Universalist Congregation is looking for a Director of Music with a strong choral background who is able to help amateur singers develop their voices. We already have a talented accompanist, but piano skills are welcome in case you need to fill in for the accompanist for emergencies. As Director of Music, you will be part of a team, working with a talented accompanist, the choir, and a staff consisting of a minister, director of religious education, office administrator, and band director. While the successful candidate does not have to be a Unitarian Universalist, they must be comfortable working in a liberal religious environment that encourages individuals to search for their own truth and meaning. Background check is required for finalists.
Responsibilities will include:
- leading the adult choir for weekly Wednesday evening rehearsals, bi-monthly Sunday services, and Christmas Eve,
- working with the minister to plan services,
- coordinating with the Minister and Band Director on budget and worship planning,
- supervising the accompanist, and
- scheduling summer music.